Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My New School!

My new school is really a school of fish!  I am having a great time making my lampwork glass fish and setting them up in their new aquariums with copper kelp. It has only been two months since I started making them, but they have changed quite a bit since my first one that is shown in my previous post.


I started making the fish a little bit differently, adding more detail and making the eyes less "buggy", using really great glass & making them smaller.


The tall skinny aquariums are very popular because they are perfect for a desk or small area.

Then I started getting requests for larger aquariums with tops and sand.

 





















My very latest is an aquarium has all the same color combination of fish. I also changed it up so that the kelp is glass instead of copper.  I also made the lid removeable instead of adhering it. It gives an option.   The sand is also not loose also.

Who knows what the next version will be!

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous, Ann. Amazing detail and such beautiful colors! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tommye! I have had this idea swimming around in my head for a long time but it took a shove from a friend to make it happen the first time. Now, I am on a roll. After a few mishaps, I think I have the process figured out. They are so fun!
      I really appreciate your comment! Thanks. -Ann

      Delete