Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mom's Painting

My mom passed away over a year and a half ago and I have really been missing her recently, more than normal. I think about her every day, but for the past few days, it has been making me sad. My mom was very creative and when I was little, she did some oil painting. My father has her favorite one but I was fortunate to find to find one stuck away in a closet after she passed away. It fits perfectly in our kitchen. Every day, I get to see something that she made with her own hands and that has a bit of her in it. I hope that when my children are all grown up and I am gone, they have something that I put a bit of myself in.

1 comment:

  1. Ann, This is a sweet painting and you'll always treasure it. I have a painting or two of my Moms and I feel the same way about them.
    oh, and BTW your lampwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete