Monday, January 26, 2009

Quick Crocheted Scarves




These scarves are a great way to use up your yarn stash and be as creative as you want with color & texture. They work up very quickly also. I am including instructions but be know that I am not a pattern writer and have a hard time myself following them, but I think I am up to writing these easy ones down.




I use 3 types of yarn, usually a plush thicker yarn for the center and working out into 2 finer yarns. I also use a large crochet hook so they are airy and not tight.

1. Make a loose chain as long as you would your scarf.

2. Single crochet the length of the chain, when you get to the end, continue around single crocheting along the other side of the chain stitches, completing a round.
3. Once you have completed both sides, switch to a different color & smaller yarn. This is were you start to get creative. For this round, double or triple crochet into each stitch, 2-3 times, depending upon your preference.

4. Once the second round is completed, change yarns to a fine soft yarn. (This is where the twisting starts to really shows). Single crochet into each stitch 3-5 times. Once you are back to the beginning, finish and hide your ends.

Each scarf is unique and depends on how much it curls on how many stitches are crocheted.

Another option is to single crochet the second round and on the third round, add 5 single crochets to each stitch. This gives a ruffle effect only to the edges with the full twisting.
I hope you like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment