Monday, January 26, 2009

New Endeavor

I am new to the world of blogging, but finding it very inspirational. I am amazed by some of the creative people out there! I have always made things and worked with my hands. I can't remember when I didn't. I am so fortunate to be married to a great guy who indulges me in my creative endeavors. His mom is where I got the name of my business Maudies. Her middle name was Maude and she taught me how to knit. Here was something that I could take with me while I was waiting at soccer practices, viola lessons, carpools, anywhere. Well, I have been hooked from then on. Since I can't seem to keep my interests in one area, I got into making jewelry, which progressed into making lampwork beads. Now another interest is in progress~
When I was a kid, my father restored antique cars. At that time, to get parts for them, we would go to swap meets and flea markets. Those were not like most of them are now. The vendors had boxes of old rusty tattered & worn treasures! I thought I had found gold when I would find an old wooden box filled with old skeleton keys and who know what else! Recently I have run across some of my old treasures and they have rekindled that love of old & rusty again. I am transforming those now into little pieces of jewelry.

I thought this might be hard for me to write, but obviously it is not. I think this will be a wonderful journaling exercise. I am posting some of my creation and would love to know what you think.

Snow is supposed to be coming late tonight. It is dreary out and cold. Good day for knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment