Friday, June 29, 2012

Light Bulb Moment

I have been made aware of something yet again.  This has happened more than once to me and I haven't really paid attention to it but the other day a friend of mine's husband said this to me, "Why don't you have any of your jewelry on?"  Fair question to which I have no answer, except, I just don't pay attention I guess, alot of the time.

When I think back to the past week, past months really, I haven't had any of my pieces on.  It is not that I don't like them, it's not that they wouldn't go with my outfit, it is just that I didn't pay attention.  I usually always wear my watch - for functionality, my wedding ring - most of the time, unless I am doing something really yucky, and a right hand ring - my mom's wedding ring, she is gone now so it is very special, and that is about it.

 OH MY!  What am I thinking?  I make earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings, keychains, and who knows what else and I am not wearing any of it.  When I think about it, there are several times I have sold pieces that I was wearing, right off of me.  I am missing out on being a walking storefront and billboard for my business just because I am not paying attention.  As they say in Despicable Me - Light Bulb!

Well from now on,  unless I am cleaning and scrubbing (which I do occasionally!) you will see me with  at least one of my creations on!


No comments:

Post a Comment