Friday, June 15, 2012

Found Copper and Lampwork Fish

I have had this idea rattling around in my head for quite some time.  Not sure exactly how I would do it but that some day I would do it.  Well, all the stars have aligned and the pieces are coming together! 

I have made lampwork (Glass) fish for quite some time.  They are not true to life, which my son points out quite often. He says one of them is sick because of how the fin droops - whatever!  They are more on the whimsical side with big fins and big sometimes red lips!  They just might make you want to kiss a fish!   Anyway, I thought it would be cool if I could make  a miniature underwater seascape with them and metal. 

Over time, people have given me all sorts of things.  My husband found some sheet copper in the middle of the street one day and I have been making rings out of it.  A friend was redoing his kitchen and there was old copper wiring that he removed and gave to me.  Then I was in Tuesday Mornings a few weeks ago and found a vase that like a fish bowl but is very flat.

Hummmmm . . .what if I put them together?  Well, this is what I have come up with. 


It is not complete yet but has a good start.  I am going to do some kind of sand on the bottom I think, not sure yet.

So off I go to work on it some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment