Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ok - Another Food Post!


My last post was about food and so is this one!  I guess since I don't make things special very often, I feel the need to share!  So . . . . .  I found this great blog called Peas and Thank You.  It has some wonderful vegan  recipes.  All of the ones I have tried have been wonderful!  My family (non-vegan or vegetarian) have also enjoyed them.  Well a recipe for homemade pop tarts intrigued me.  



I do not like box pop tarts at all but my husband and son do so I thought I would give it a try.  I made the first batch following her directions and they were yummy!  Today, I decided to change it up a bit.   I make little tartlets.  Perfect size for a treat!  


The filling is homemade apple butter using my husband's great grandmother's recipe!.  They are wonderful! I also changed the icing a bit.  I just used powdered sugar with a little bit of water instead of milk.  












(can't even tell the difference and then they don't need to be refrigerated).  I am going to try them with sugar cream pie filling also without a "lid".

No comments:

Post a Comment